Our breath. So vital to life. We mostly take it for granted – though it cycles for us hundreds of thousands of times a day. But – if we go without it for even 60 seconds – a full-blown panic attack sets in – and our physical existence is put at grave risk. It is also the one physiological system that is continuously interacting with the physical world day and night – even when we are sleeping. Our breath is the primary bridge between the internal self and the external world. It is also a primary gateway to regaining our mindfulness. Focusing on our breath, slowing down our breathing, and going deeper and fuller with our breathing, immediately centers us, calms us down, and takes the edge off of the ever-compulsive mind. The more we pay attention to our breath – the more the mind falls away – and the calmer and more peaceful we become. Focusing on our breath is the perfect way to start any meditation practice – but it also the perfect way to re-center ourselves whenever life seems to be spinning out of control. Let your breath become a very good friend to you. The closer you hold this friend – the more mindful – the more blissful – your life will become.
- Hello fellow Seekers. As of Jan 5, 2019 I have moved this blog to Facebook. Please join us at www.facebook.com/searchforseer. The journey continues there. Thanks !!!!!!
- Jan 4, 2019 – “You Only Live This Life Once” – So Push the Spirit Envelope
- Jan 4, 2019 – It’s Not Good to Talk About My Troubles… (LaSorda)
- Jan 3, 2019 – Our Breath is a Bridge to Mindfulness
- Jan 3, 2019 – The Pursuit of Sensual Pleasure Will Eventually Give Way to the Desire for Something More Meaningful (Baba)